Trust is at the heart of our business and we take your privacy seriously.
This privacy and cookies notice (“Policy”) applies to the use of your Information by Nineteen Group Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with its registered address at Central House, 1 Alwyne Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 7AB and company number 07664714, and our event brands (International Security Expo, International Cyber Expo, The Security Event, Health & Safety Event, Facilities Event, Fire Safety Event, The Emergency Services Show, Maintec), collectively referred to as “Nineteen Group”, “we” “us” or “our”.
We use your Information in accordance with this Policy in our capacity as a Data Controller, in respect of each of our business activities including events, websites, apps and supplementary or related services (each a “Service”).
In this Policy:
“Data Controller” means the entity which determines the purposes and means of processing Information; and
“Information” means [any information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
- How we collect it:
- We collect your Information when you:
- Contact us;
- Visit our website;
- Register to visit an event;
- Apply for a stand;
- Attend an event;
- Download content from our website;
- Register for a newsletter.
- We may also collect your Information from publicly available sources and selected third parties such analytical, technical and aggregator service providers, in accordance with this Policy.
2.2.What we collect:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, social media handle and phone number;
- Your job title and organisation;
- Account login credentials;
- Other account or event registration and profile information, such as educational, employment and professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements;
- Payment information;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us including when you engage with our customer support team;
- Interests and communication preferences;
- Information about how you and your device(s) interact with our service(s), including technical identifiers, usage data, and location analytics.
2.3.How we use it:
Depending on which Service you use, your relationship with us and how you interact with us, we use your Information to:
- Fulfil and manage your access to and use of our services;
- Deliver customer care, technical support and security;
- Improve, customize and enhance our services (including the use of call monitoring);
- Provide you with updates, operational announcements and other news in relation to our services, subject to Section 2.4 (“Direct Marketing”);
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to our services provided by us, our affiliates and third parties, such as exhibitors, sponsors and media partners;
- Invite you to take part in user testing and surveys, competitions and promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for research, audit, reporting and other business purposes;
- Comply with our contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements;
- Disclose data to selected third parties in accordance with this Policy.
We will only send you direct marketing communications (“direct marketing”) where we have a lawful basis to do so because you have engaged with us by requesting information or using our Services, unless you have opted out of receiving direct marketing. You may opt out from receiving our direct marketing at any time by following the [link] included within each communication.
2.5.Our Grounds for Processing your Information:
We process your Information:
- To perform a contract with you or another transaction you have requested prior to entering into a contract with us;
- Except where our interests are overridden by or would materially impact on your privacy rights, for the purpose of performing the activities described in Section 2.3 (“How We Use It”) (our “Legitimate Interest(s)”);
- As required for our compliance with applicable laws;
- Where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- To uphold the data security and integrity of our business and our customers.
- Service Providers
We use a variety of third party service providers to enable us to operate our business. They process your Information on our behalf where necessary in relation to:
- Data storage and hosting;
- IT Security;
- Workplace productivity and e-mail;
- Customer relationship management;
- Marketing automation, solutions and analytics;
- Communications services;
- Project management and event planning systems;
- Event sponsorship for purpose of improving delegate experience;
- Event experience services, including analytics;
- Website and app developers and hosts;
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable and credit control; and
- Professional advice (accountants, tax specialists, financial advisors, lawyers and other specialists).
3.2.Other Third Parties
For the purpose of our Legitimate Interests, we may share your Information with:
- Our group: our group companies to better develop, modify, enhance or improve our services and/or communications for the benefits of our customers.
- Purchasers or sellers of a business or asset: in the context of a sale, merger or acquisition, to facilitate such a transaction and enable your relationship with us to continue despite any change in ownership.
- Business partners: we work with businesses to provide goods and services that facilitate or are complimentary to our own. We only share information with them where you have requested services from us which they provide.
3.3.Third Party Websites
We retain your Information for no longer than necessary, taking into account the purpose(s) for which it was collected and the extent to which it is required to best provide you with and develop our products and services, manage your relationship with us, meet our statutory, contractual, legal, accounting and audit obligations and meet our customers’ and previous customers’ reasonable expectations. In any event we will not retain your Information for longer than 5 years. If we have anonymised your Information for analytical purposes we may continue to use this information indefinitely.
5.Transferring your Information outside the EU
The information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”), including for example if our services or servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. If we transfer your information outside of the EU, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate
security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
You have the following rights in relation to your Information:
- request access to your Information and information regarding our use and processing of your Information;
- to request the correction or deletion of your Information;
- to request that we restrict our use of your Information;
- to have your Information transferred to another data controller;
- if we rely on your consent to process your Information, to withdraw such consent;
- to object to the processing of your Information for certain purposes.
You can exercise your rights by writing to us at Nineteen Group Limited, Central House, 1 Alwyne Road, Wimbledon, SW19 7AB, United Kingdom or sending an email to email@example.com
You may also exercise your right to object to us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes by clicking the unsubscribe link contained at the bottom of any marketing email we send to you [and/or updating your preferences at by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details on how to object to our use of information collected from cookies and similar technologies, please see Section  (“Cookies”) below.
If necessary, to enable you to fully benefit from and participate in our Services we will process your dietary restrictions or preferences, or physical requirements, only with your explicit consent.
We do not otherwise knowingly or intentionally collect Sensitive Information and we request that you do not submit Sensitive Information to us. If you inadvertently or intentionally submit Sensitive Information to us, you will be considered to have explicitly consented to us processing it for the purpose of its deletion.
In this Section 7, “Sensitive Information” is information about an individual that reveals their racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, information concerning health or information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
We do not knowingly contact or collect Information from persons under the age of 16 (“minors”).
If we become aware that a minor has provided us with Information, we will take steps to delete such information.
9.Complaints and Questions
If you wish to raise a complaint or question about how we use your Information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will strive to assist you. If you are unsatisfied, you may also contact a data protection supervisory authority, for example he UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
- “Cookies” are small pieces of information which are placed on your computer or any similar device you use to access websites, which store and may track information about you're use of the website. Certain cookies will only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser; others are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- Create specific log-in sessions so that page requests are delivered securely and effectively;
- Recognise repeat visitors to our websites to deliver a tailored experience and ensure website capacity;
- Customise promotional content placed on our websites;
- Store your product selections to your shopping basket;
- Improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; whereby we gather statistical information including device-specific data (e.g the IP address of the device in an anonymised format, browser information, location; referring domain; pages visited, and the date and time when website pages were accessed;
- Gather information through our advertising partners about the websites you visit, to serve interest-based advertisements.
- Some of the cookies used on our websites are set by us (“First Party” cookies), and some are set by third parties who are delivering analytics and other services on our behalf (“Third Party” cookies). Third party cookies will enable third party features to appear on a website and may track your activity on multiple websites.
- In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of our websites. Tracking gifs are small image files within our website or other content such as newsletters that enable us to understand which content is of interest to you.
- You have the right to reject cookies at any time. For more information about cookies including how to block them, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ and https://allaboutcookies.org/.
11.Changes to this Policy
We will occasionally update this Policy by posting a revised version on our website(s). We encourage you to periodically review our website(s) and this Policy to be informed of how we use your information.
This Policy was last updated on 09/03/20.