Fibre Optic Installation - BTEC Level 3
Find out just how simple it really is to plan, design, splice and connect optical fibre. The fibre optic course is open to all those who are interested in optical fibre. It is also ideal for those who wish to learn how to splice optical fibre and to plan, design and install CCTV systems using fibre optics.
What will you learn?
- Fundamental theory of optical fibre
- Design fibre solutions using single-mode and multi-mode
- Learn to splice, repair broken or damaged fibre
- Understand termination methods
- Recognise types of dispersion
- Measuring and calculating losses
- Effective testing methods
- Installing optical fibre transmitters and receivers
- Identify connector types such as LC, ST, FC, MTRJ and SC
- Health and Safety handling and correct disposal of fibre