Environmentally Hardened Managed Ethernet Switches
Designed for deployment in environments where high levels of lectromagnetic noise and interference (EMI) and severe voltage transients and surges are routinely encountered, such as electrical
utility substations and switchyards, heavy manufacturing facilities, trackside and roadside electronic equipment, and other difficult out-of-plant applications.
The Comnet switches provide advanced IP-based management that can limit the maximum bandwidth for each connected IP device, allowing the user to adjust usage. Two models are available which supply Power over Ethernet (PoE). The CNGE11FX3TX8MSPOE model provides eight electrical ports supporting up to thirty watts of power. On the CNGE11FX3TX8MSPOEHO model, four of the eight PoE ports can support up to sixty watts of PoE power. All PoE ports are IEEE802.3at compliant.
- Electrical substation automation & SCADA networks, protective relaying systems
- Power transmission & distribution systems, remote wind farm, hydroelectric, and solar/photovoltaic power generation facilities.
- Perimeter security, surveillance monitoring, and controlled access to electrical substations and power generating facilities, and other highvalue, mission-critical sites.
- Industrial/Factory Automation & Process Control SCADA Networks.
- Chemical and petrochemical refining and processing facilities, oil and gas pipelines/transmission systems, and mining installations.
- Food processing operations
- Wastewater treatment plants
- ITS/Transportation Traffic Signalization & Surveillance /Incident Detection
- Railway/trackside control and monitoring systems
- Integrated IP-Video, VOIP, and Data Transmission Networks
- Cellular telephony and wireless backhaul networks
The ComNet offers a series of substation-rated and industrially hardened fully managed Ethernet switches. Fully compliant with the requirements of IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 Class 2, UL 508 Class 1/ Division 2 (Groups A, B, C, & D for hazardous environments), EN50155, and NEMA TS-1/TS-2.
- The Security Event